The season premier of Medium starts in 15 minutes...oh yeah!
Today, being the first day of classes, has actually been a kinda nice change from wondering what I should do with myself. This morning I had medical and public health entomology. We will be learning mostly about vectors and life cycles. And supposedly some mathematical model of disease transmission. Bleh.
I came home for a leisurely lunch and some reading time. Then I returned for human impacts, which will largely be a repeat from enviro. sociology and the FW classes on resources, but oh well. I went to the bookstore and saw the longest lines I'd ever seen - way to the back of the store. I got my materials sans one book for wildlife in ag. ecosystems - I forgot as I didn't have the list with me. Then I headed back to Nash for systematics, where a repertoire of skulls greeted me. I love it when profs deliberately try to scare you by offering extra information about exams; this guy was like, "there's no multiple choice or short essay, you have to know the names." Yes, I will be learning the latin name of all the Oregon mammals, morphology of the skull, and how to identify species by skull, pelt, and dental characteristics. Fun, but study-intensive.
Oh, and Karl harassed me in systematics too. He's obviously been perusing (or stalking) me on facebook, as he knew I was with someone and was asking for details on where he was from and how we met. Then later he was telling me how a girl had blocked him on facebook and he was in genuine wonderment why anyone would do that. HELLO!
Anyways, one week from today I am totally 22. Cool. I wonder what I should do in celebration.
Today, being the first day of classes, has actually been a kinda nice change from wondering what I should do with myself. This morning I had medical and public health entomology. We will be learning mostly about vectors and life cycles. And supposedly some mathematical model of disease transmission. Bleh.
I came home for a leisurely lunch and some reading time. Then I returned for human impacts, which will largely be a repeat from enviro. sociology and the FW classes on resources, but oh well. I went to the bookstore and saw the longest lines I'd ever seen - way to the back of the store. I got my materials sans one book for wildlife in ag. ecosystems - I forgot as I didn't have the list with me. Then I headed back to Nash for systematics, where a repertoire of skulls greeted me. I love it when profs deliberately try to scare you by offering extra information about exams; this guy was like, "there's no multiple choice or short essay, you have to know the names." Yes, I will be learning the latin name of all the Oregon mammals, morphology of the skull, and how to identify species by skull, pelt, and dental characteristics. Fun, but study-intensive.
Oh, and Karl harassed me in systematics too. He's obviously been perusing (or stalking) me on facebook, as he knew I was with someone and was asking for details on where he was from and how we met. Then later he was telling me how a girl had blocked him on facebook and he was in genuine wonderment why anyone would do that. HELLO!
Anyways, one week from today I am totally 22. Cool. I wonder what I should do in celebration.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home