So, I'm sick on my birthday. First time that I've ever been sick on my birthday at least to the best of my knowledge. This sucks! Both my housemates have it so no wonder.
I skipped my human impacts class today because I was feeling gross and needed a long nap. But at least I did well on my systematics quiz and survived my 9:00 class.
I started feeling icky yesterday late afternoon - bad sore throat. Which really sucks, because Justin had come over Friday and spent the weekend with me, and I really really hope he doesn't become ill (take some Vitamin C and Echinacea!).
Anyway, other than sickness prevailing, I had a great weekend. On Friday we met up with Holly and her date-from-the-internet at Nearly Normal's. Potato Chili Cheese Enchiladas = yum. Then we went for gelato, I had chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon, also amazingly yummy. Saturday we took Shtiya on a walk and got to the big music store a little too late to actually be able to peruse - annoying. We also made mango fried rice and watched The Last of the Mohicans, because he hadn't seen it before and that's like a crime in my book. Ah, it was a wonderful evening.
Sunday afternoon Fiona jumped the fence again via the kennels propped up by it. We went looking for like 10 minutes and by the time we got back we noticed that the gate had been unlatched - and a neighbor had already contacted Jenn and put Fiona in the garage. Thank goodness. Tommy fixed the gap in the fence and moved the kennels away, so hopefully we won't have that problem again.
Sunday evening was like an emotional breakdown for me. I started feeling sick and then Tommy had to yell at us because we were playing with Fiona and apparently being too loud. I admit I am a hyper-sensitive person when it comes to simple reprimands. I just wanted to go out there and spurt out a huge rant on how they're the ones that always turn up the TV way loud (and my bedroom is right by the living room), never provide an outlet for their dogs (I do them a favor by walking them and paying attention to Fiona when I can stand her since she's so neurotic), let their dogs destroy my personal belongings (yeah...my bear skull and raccoon pelt that would cost $150 to replace). So yeah. I'm too fucking passive aggressive and timid to speak up.
ANYWAY, today has been made better by coconut popsicles and awesome birthday gifts - a startbucks card and mug from Linda - normally I wouldn't support them but hey, free coffee; an African animal print shopping bag made by mum, a salad spinner (YES), and two CDs: Plague Park by Handsome Furs and Ruby Vroom by Soul Coughing. Currently I am listening to Plague Park and I like what I'm hearing.
I skipped my human impacts class today because I was feeling gross and needed a long nap. But at least I did well on my systematics quiz and survived my 9:00 class.
I started feeling icky yesterday late afternoon - bad sore throat. Which really sucks, because Justin had come over Friday and spent the weekend with me, and I really really hope he doesn't become ill (take some Vitamin C and Echinacea!).
Anyway, other than sickness prevailing, I had a great weekend. On Friday we met up with Holly and her date-from-the-internet at Nearly Normal's. Potato Chili Cheese Enchiladas = yum. Then we went for gelato, I had chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon, also amazingly yummy. Saturday we took Shtiya on a walk and got to the big music store a little too late to actually be able to peruse - annoying. We also made mango fried rice and watched The Last of the Mohicans, because he hadn't seen it before and that's like a crime in my book. Ah, it was a wonderful evening.
Sunday afternoon Fiona jumped the fence again via the kennels propped up by it. We went looking for like 10 minutes and by the time we got back we noticed that the gate had been unlatched - and a neighbor had already contacted Jenn and put Fiona in the garage. Thank goodness. Tommy fixed the gap in the fence and moved the kennels away, so hopefully we won't have that problem again.
Sunday evening was like an emotional breakdown for me. I started feeling sick and then Tommy had to yell at us because we were playing with Fiona and apparently being too loud. I admit I am a hyper-sensitive person when it comes to simple reprimands. I just wanted to go out there and spurt out a huge rant on how they're the ones that always turn up the TV way loud (and my bedroom is right by the living room), never provide an outlet for their dogs (I do them a favor by walking them and paying attention to Fiona when I can stand her since she's so neurotic), let their dogs destroy my personal belongings (yeah...my bear skull and raccoon pelt that would cost $150 to replace). So yeah. I'm too fucking passive aggressive and timid to speak up.
ANYWAY, today has been made better by coconut popsicles and awesome birthday gifts - a startbucks card and mug from Linda - normally I wouldn't support them but hey, free coffee; an African animal print shopping bag made by mum, a salad spinner (YES), and two CDs: Plague Park by Handsome Furs and Ruby Vroom by Soul Coughing. Currently I am listening to Plague Park and I like what I'm hearing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home