It's still bordering on unbearably cold, and I am still coughing. Also, my left ear is slightly fucked up feeling, and I hope I don't have to see a doctor. But other than that things are peachy!
Saturday and Sunday, as I partially documented, consisted of homeworking. Yesterday was like the best MLK Jr. Day ever. I met Justin in Salem. Neither of us found the movie theater with no difficulties, so we ended up meeting at Willamette University and taking a walk in the extensive park there. I soon realized we were surrounded by squirrels. At first I thought they were western grays, but then I figured out they were definitely eastern grays (Sciurus carolinensis - damn invasive critters!). And, they were like freaking tame. One came to within two feet of me but kept backing up as it realized I had no hand-outs for it. If only I'd had some peanuts or something. Not that I should be encouraging invasives...but they're so damn pudgy and cute!
We ended up walking around downtown, eating Chinese food, and browsing in an amazing record-CD/music shop. LOTS of Beatles. Very cool. They even had Okkervil River CDs, but I decided to save me money. I can probably get a good deal on Amazon.
At Five-ish we went to the theater and viewed the film The Savages, which was good. I think it's a commentary on attempting to alleviate guilt - "correcting" past mistakes with positive action. And our obsession with our pets.
Hmm what did we do after the movie? I guess we drove around and evaded the fuzz. And suspicious citizens.
Saturday and Sunday, as I partially documented, consisted of homeworking. Yesterday was like the best MLK Jr. Day ever. I met Justin in Salem. Neither of us found the movie theater with no difficulties, so we ended up meeting at Willamette University and taking a walk in the extensive park there. I soon realized we were surrounded by squirrels. At first I thought they were western grays, but then I figured out they were definitely eastern grays (Sciurus carolinensis - damn invasive critters!). And, they were like freaking tame. One came to within two feet of me but kept backing up as it realized I had no hand-outs for it. If only I'd had some peanuts or something. Not that I should be encouraging invasives...but they're so damn pudgy and cute!
We ended up walking around downtown, eating Chinese food, and browsing in an amazing record-CD/music shop. LOTS of Beatles. Very cool. They even had Okkervil River CDs, but I decided to save me money. I can probably get a good deal on Amazon.
At Five-ish we went to the theater and viewed the film The Savages, which was good. I think it's a commentary on attempting to alleviate guilt - "correcting" past mistakes with positive action. And our obsession with our pets.
Hmm what did we do after the movie? I guess we drove around and evaded the fuzz. And suspicious citizens.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home