Back to the mundane and the rain.
Today was difficult to face. Not that it was terribly imposing, with only two afternoon classes, but because I didn't want the weekend to end and I know that this week and next will be filled with homework and studying for midterms.
The bus was freaking 12 minutes late, so I took my car. Parked in a two hour zone so had to go back and move it before my second class (I absolutely refuse to pay parking services for a freaking pass - if only the buses ran consistently on time I'd never have to worry about it anyway).
Anyways, the majority of the day was pretty lackluster. The weekend was better.
Justin arrived at approximately 5:08. We talked for a while, and baked the frozen organic pizza I'd purchased (Amy's - mushroom and olive = delicious). Then we donned some tacky clothes for Tony's mismatch party (I wore a floral pink skirt with my muskrat shirt with socks and heels, Justin wore a minty green button-up shirt with a golden vest, very Robin Hood meets Mr. Rogers). He latched onto the conga drums, and we eventually played beer pong with Keystone Light, the worst cheap beer I have tasted thus far. Justin's a pretty bad shot :) (hey I have to do something to deflate your ego since I build it up constantly).
Saturday I had to get up real early to meet my conservation plan group at the dairy for two falconers from Salem were meeting us there - they had two Harris hawks, which were pretty cool. Yes, I freaking saw real live falconers and their birds. Unfortunately they're not trained on birds yet, just rabbits, so if this is to become a recommended part of the plan to alleviate pigeon problems, they'll have to undergo further training. It was soo unpleasantly wet and cold outside too...and then after that we went to look at the ditch for nutria damage, which we found plenty of. And a dead raccoon floating in the stream!
I came back and slept till early afternoon. The rest of the afternoon remains rather unaccounted for due to bad memory. Oh yeah, we made a kick-ass pumpkin pie. It was exceptionally smooth and rich. And I whipped some cream too. For dinner we had salmon, quinoa, and kale. Yummy.
Sunday I took Justin to OSU for a campus tour after breakfast at Sharon's Cafe. We also ended up going to the thai restaurant on Monroe for dinner, which was delicious. Him leaving was majorly sad.
Today was difficult to face. Not that it was terribly imposing, with only two afternoon classes, but because I didn't want the weekend to end and I know that this week and next will be filled with homework and studying for midterms.
The bus was freaking 12 minutes late, so I took my car. Parked in a two hour zone so had to go back and move it before my second class (I absolutely refuse to pay parking services for a freaking pass - if only the buses ran consistently on time I'd never have to worry about it anyway).
Anyways, the majority of the day was pretty lackluster. The weekend was better.
Justin arrived at approximately 5:08. We talked for a while, and baked the frozen organic pizza I'd purchased (Amy's - mushroom and olive = delicious). Then we donned some tacky clothes for Tony's mismatch party (I wore a floral pink skirt with my muskrat shirt with socks and heels, Justin wore a minty green button-up shirt with a golden vest, very Robin Hood meets Mr. Rogers). He latched onto the conga drums, and we eventually played beer pong with Keystone Light, the worst cheap beer I have tasted thus far. Justin's a pretty bad shot :) (hey I have to do something to deflate your ego since I build it up constantly).
Saturday I had to get up real early to meet my conservation plan group at the dairy for two falconers from Salem were meeting us there - they had two Harris hawks, which were pretty cool. Yes, I freaking saw real live falconers and their birds. Unfortunately they're not trained on birds yet, just rabbits, so if this is to become a recommended part of the plan to alleviate pigeon problems, they'll have to undergo further training. It was soo unpleasantly wet and cold outside too...and then after that we went to look at the ditch for nutria damage, which we found plenty of. And a dead raccoon floating in the stream!
I came back and slept till early afternoon. The rest of the afternoon remains rather unaccounted for due to bad memory. Oh yeah, we made a kick-ass pumpkin pie. It was exceptionally smooth and rich. And I whipped some cream too. For dinner we had salmon, quinoa, and kale. Yummy.
Sunday I took Justin to OSU for a campus tour after breakfast at Sharon's Cafe. We also ended up going to the thai restaurant on Monroe for dinner, which was delicious. Him leaving was majorly sad.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home