Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, February 10, 2008

One of those sundays that I'm actually wanting the week to start so I have something to do...
The best thing I've done today is used "anuran" in my game of scrabulous. It was only eight points but hey I'm damn proud of it.

Also I took Shtiya on a walk around campus and to the covered bridge. We saw a plethora of sheep and llamas, some mallards, a kestrel on a telephone line, and a large bird of prey of some sort. Then we went to Interzone. Luckily they have a sturdy picnic table that I could tie his leash to while I went in...and apparently their other table was stolen despite the fact that it was rather unstable. Mmmm vanilla latte. So freaking good. Anyway it was good exercise. Probably walked a good two miles.

Caught the last half of Princess Bride on tv. Scattered studying. Last night found Dead Poet's Society on TCM too. So amazing. And no commercials = very very good.

I am faced with the prospect of graduating in June, which is becoming increasingly intimidating. I've been checking internet job boards but everything on them starts before I graduate so I guess I have to wait a while. I haven't ruled out getting a "regular" job and volunteering to gain experience in the fish/wildlife field though - I know it would be way easier to do than to find a fulltime fish and wildlife job right off. The thing is so many volunteer opportunities out there that are very appealing and good for gaining experience...like through my capture and immobilization class I learned of a deer research volunteer opportunity - trapping and tracking deer. And since I have no radio telemetry experience yet...
We shall see. Spring term will be packed. I've got population dynamics with separate class for lab, resource ecology, systematics of plants, and wetlands and riparian ecology. Not the funnest schedule, but that's what I get for putting off pop. dy.!

In other news, it sounds like yet another canine will be joining the crew here soon...an Irish Setter at the shelter where Jenn works. So not a good idea! But since my living here is a very temporary arrangement, there's not really anything I can do about it. I am so realizing that I don't want as many pets as I did a few years back.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Eek, another dog that won't get walked when you're gone...

    So the slow Sunday means this quarter isn't as bad as you anticipated? Many spring quarter will also seem more manageable once it arrives.

    Dad called today -- he sounds like he's doing pretty well.

    Anywho, back to reading Trollope and taking breaks with the Grammys =)

     
  • At 9:07 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    oops, "Many" supposed to be "maybe."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home