Never give a inch
I am bored. Yes, it's the dawn of dead week and I have no significant projects to work on. Eventually, a concerted effort to study for real will be underway. But for now, boredom reigns.
I took the red dogs on a walk to the park today. They are hard to handle as they get riled up over the presence of other dogs. But eventually I'd like to be able to trust them off leash so they can just meet and greet other dogs without barking and tugging hopelessly. The weather was seriously nice. So sunny and warm. I spotted a lizard too! Western Fence missing its tail.
Went to campus to check out Sometimes A Great Notion, since I read it sophomore year of high school and enjoyed it. I think I understood it well back then, but it's a fun read and well, I need something to do! After the library I went to Jamba Juice with my birthday gift of a plastic Starbucks "tumbler" as I refuse to buy a drink in a polystyrene cup. Plus I refuse to drink hot beverages from a plastic tumbler, so I figured its only use will be for iced drinks. Jamba Juice is good. Lots of sugar, but it's mostly fructose...I hope. Yeah, tonight's the first night in who knows how long I am foregoing dessert. Partly because I don't have anything since I ate all my Green and Black's white chocolate with strawberries...partly because I already ate a lot of smoothie sugar. I am so addicted to sugar it's been difficult. And to think I went like a whole year without refined sugar back in the day! Crazy. I wouldn't give up chocolate again. Carob? Pu-leeese. SO not chocolatey. Speaking of, it's totally Cadbury Creme Egg season! I shall be stocking up soon.
One more week of classes, three exams, spring break...last term of college! Woohoo.
Oh yeah, and not being a people person sucks when you're lonely.
I am bored. Yes, it's the dawn of dead week and I have no significant projects to work on. Eventually, a concerted effort to study for real will be underway. But for now, boredom reigns.
I took the red dogs on a walk to the park today. They are hard to handle as they get riled up over the presence of other dogs. But eventually I'd like to be able to trust them off leash so they can just meet and greet other dogs without barking and tugging hopelessly. The weather was seriously nice. So sunny and warm. I spotted a lizard too! Western Fence missing its tail.
Went to campus to check out Sometimes A Great Notion, since I read it sophomore year of high school and enjoyed it. I think I understood it well back then, but it's a fun read and well, I need something to do! After the library I went to Jamba Juice with my birthday gift of a plastic Starbucks "tumbler" as I refuse to buy a drink in a polystyrene cup. Plus I refuse to drink hot beverages from a plastic tumbler, so I figured its only use will be for iced drinks. Jamba Juice is good. Lots of sugar, but it's mostly fructose...I hope. Yeah, tonight's the first night in who knows how long I am foregoing dessert. Partly because I don't have anything since I ate all my Green and Black's white chocolate with strawberries...partly because I already ate a lot of smoothie sugar. I am so addicted to sugar it's been difficult. And to think I went like a whole year without refined sugar back in the day! Crazy. I wouldn't give up chocolate again. Carob? Pu-leeese. SO not chocolatey. Speaking of, it's totally Cadbury Creme Egg season! I shall be stocking up soon.
One more week of classes, three exams, spring break...last term of college! Woohoo.
Oh yeah, and not being a people person sucks when you're lonely.


3 Comments:
At 11:45 AM ,
Seafroggys said...
I don't like giving up aN inch personally ;)
At 7:14 PM ,
Ricki said...
"Hey Bulldog..if you're lonely you can talk to me"
you do have friends!! haven't heard you mention Holly lately.
At 8:23 PM ,
Becky said...
Justin beat me to it.
I feel ya on the dessert thing: I bought cheesecake for my birthday, and now I'm trying to go back to desserts that don't = gorging on 500 calories of fat and sugar.
Post a Comment
<< Home