Two weeks of classes left - then a whole glorious week off, hopefully of nice weather for hiking and shed antler hunting and spending time lounging in the sun with Justin :)
This last weekend I went to visit him. Saw the last bit of his band practice and watched A Hard Day's Night that evening. Saturday morning he had to work. I slept in late, studied mammals, played the Wii with his brother David and dad, and ate lunch with them and his mom before he got home. We headed out to Saturday Market after I met his mother's parents, and we perused the booths. I ended up buying some delectable raw honey, fudge (peanut butter chocolate for me and orange cream for Justin), and a cute little brown long-sleeve dress with flowers which proved very difficult to actually get into later...but it fits fine. We met Larry there, rode the max to find the brick with Justin's name on it that his mother purchased , and headed back to Lloyd Center and my car. From there we went to Music Millenium where he got a Queen CD and I got Black Sheep Boy and Black Sheep Boy Appendix by Okkervil River (so good!).
So, we were totally going to be all safe and go car camping at Oxbow Park. So we drove all the way out there Saturday evening only to find the gates close at 5:40, not 10:30 as advertised on the website. We drove around aimlessly as our spirits dropped...it wasn't the greatest experience ever. So we ended up camping a little closer to home, which proved to present its own potential problems and worries but no negative consequences arose upon our return. Cryptic, aren't I?
Anyway, overall it was a good weekend. We went on a little adventure Sunday afternoon into the woods as the weather was surprisingly nice. Saw deer, two hawks, and heard a froggie. That evening we watched Help! which is hilarious, and listened to disc one of my new CD set, and I parted reluctantly.
So today in wildlife in ag. ecosystems, our CEAP rough drafts were returned. Dr. Garcia was like, you want me to lecture first or talk about CEAP first? She was obviously perturbed...we chose lecture. And after lecture...oh boy. She was genuinely angry; our rough drafts were apparently ridden with basic spelling and grammar and sentence structure mistakes. She addressed three or four groups specifically. Thank goodness ours was one of them. Basically she said she liked our solutions, but our formatting needed work and the project could be a little more concise. After her praise, she said, "the rest of you...I don't even know what to say, so I won't say anything." SUCKS! I am soo glad we did well. Heck we got a 45/50 and I don't even think we deserved that. I know one other group only got a 25...damn. Funny how Bobby is in that group and in the beginning I really wanted to be in his group because I know he's not a slacker. Just goes to show you that you can't make assumptions about how one person's group project will turn out. I am just so thankful we're on the right track for the final version.
This last weekend I went to visit him. Saw the last bit of his band practice and watched A Hard Day's Night that evening. Saturday morning he had to work. I slept in late, studied mammals, played the Wii with his brother David and dad, and ate lunch with them and his mom before he got home. We headed out to Saturday Market after I met his mother's parents, and we perused the booths. I ended up buying some delectable raw honey, fudge (peanut butter chocolate for me and orange cream for Justin), and a cute little brown long-sleeve dress with flowers which proved very difficult to actually get into later...but it fits fine. We met Larry there, rode the max to find the brick with Justin's name on it that his mother purchased , and headed back to Lloyd Center and my car. From there we went to Music Millenium where he got a Queen CD and I got Black Sheep Boy and Black Sheep Boy Appendix by Okkervil River (so good!).
So, we were totally going to be all safe and go car camping at Oxbow Park. So we drove all the way out there Saturday evening only to find the gates close at 5:40, not 10:30 as advertised on the website. We drove around aimlessly as our spirits dropped...it wasn't the greatest experience ever. So we ended up camping a little closer to home, which proved to present its own potential problems and worries but no negative consequences arose upon our return. Cryptic, aren't I?
Anyway, overall it was a good weekend. We went on a little adventure Sunday afternoon into the woods as the weather was surprisingly nice. Saw deer, two hawks, and heard a froggie. That evening we watched Help! which is hilarious, and listened to disc one of my new CD set, and I parted reluctantly.
So today in wildlife in ag. ecosystems, our CEAP rough drafts were returned. Dr. Garcia was like, you want me to lecture first or talk about CEAP first? She was obviously perturbed...we chose lecture. And after lecture...oh boy. She was genuinely angry; our rough drafts were apparently ridden with basic spelling and grammar and sentence structure mistakes. She addressed three or four groups specifically. Thank goodness ours was one of them. Basically she said she liked our solutions, but our formatting needed work and the project could be a little more concise. After her praise, she said, "the rest of you...I don't even know what to say, so I won't say anything." SUCKS! I am soo glad we did well. Heck we got a 45/50 and I don't even think we deserved that. I know one other group only got a 25...damn. Funny how Bobby is in that group and in the beginning I really wanted to be in his group because I know he's not a slacker. Just goes to show you that you can't make assumptions about how one person's group project will turn out. I am just so thankful we're on the right track for the final version.


1 Comments:
At 10:13 PM ,
Becky said...
I was waiting for the weekend update =)
When I first read about your project, I thought you said "CHEAP" papers. Ha!
Post a Comment
<< Home