Waiting to heal
I've pretty much been sitting inside for three days. I did spend about 20 minutes this evening on the porch in the cool air. Even saw a doe and her fawn cross the road from my limited view of 9th street.
I'm getting better...taking fewer pain meds, and can even limp around without crutches...just very slowly. I should be fine for work on Monday.
I forgot to post about this, but last Wednesday's bat survey was cool. We drove about 2 hours past Plush (it took that long only because the road was so rocky), to a pond where we could see the Steens...saw several pronghorn bucks, tree frogs, a tiny coyote pup came to the pond to drink, and a deer passed by. Also caught a pallid bat, which was awesome! On the way home a bobcat crossed the road in front of us and we also saw a great horned owl swoop past our windshield. An eventful night for sure!
I've pretty much been sitting inside for three days. I did spend about 20 minutes this evening on the porch in the cool air. Even saw a doe and her fawn cross the road from my limited view of 9th street.
I'm getting better...taking fewer pain meds, and can even limp around without crutches...just very slowly. I should be fine for work on Monday.
I forgot to post about this, but last Wednesday's bat survey was cool. We drove about 2 hours past Plush (it took that long only because the road was so rocky), to a pond where we could see the Steens...saw several pronghorn bucks, tree frogs, a tiny coyote pup came to the pond to drink, and a deer passed by. Also caught a pallid bat, which was awesome! On the way home a bobcat crossed the road in front of us and we also saw a great horned owl swoop past our windshield. An eventful night for sure!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home