Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, June 21, 2008

In the middle of nowhere

I'm at the public library in Lakeview...don't have internet where I'm staying, so expect scant updates.
This last week was spent in training in Burns - five hours of lecture, six hours of field work for four days! Learned net set up, bat handling skills, ultrasonic recording technology. We caught over 130 bats Thursday night over two small ponds (in mist nets). It was crazy. I am still awaiting the results of my rabies titer check so wasn't able to handle any of them.

I've seen lots of pronghorn, a few mule deer, and a coyote so far...and lots of birds, including a golden eagle. Next week I have safety training, but the week after that the bat team will start our inventory/monitoring. I am excited.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You could always, you know......get internet at your trailer! Its not that great of an expense. The cost of my phone bill this month will probably exceed a month of internet, and that was just from a two hour conversation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home