Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Worth Mentioning

So on my way back from Justin's yesterday, I saw a coyote right on the side of 1-205 hunting in the grass - about 10 feet from the road. Very cool, kinda crazy.

I've felt sort of out of it today, trying, I suppose, to adjust back to normalcy after an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. Got to share Hot Fuzz with Justin - which he definitely appreciated. Yes, truly funny movies are still made.

My botany collection is finally done, yesterday having realized that I lacked the 15th specimen. So today I obtained a field mustard from down by the park. I love how my entire collection has been amassed through John's help and the photos in the book. So much for dichotomous keys. After all, they do kinda suck! But, they are useful for verifying one's picture-keying.

Oh, I got my platypus shirt in the mail. Had to wash and dry it to shrink it down to the perfect size (I got a medium). It's awesome. My only annoyance at American Apparel is its propensity for wrinkling. Oh wells.

I went to a FW Club meeting today...first time since fall term :P. Two cheetah keepers from Winston spoke - one had gone to CCF back in 2001 when she was an OSU student, so that was cool. There's a cheetah keeper position open right now too - but it requires one to dispatch and butcher feed animals and be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and move 120 pounds. Otherwise I'm qualified! I mean, I'm sure I COULD, especially with a little weight training, but I also just have this aversion to working with animals in captivity. It just doesn't do it for me! I at least want to get my foot in the door with field work first...although a keeper position is tempting, being firmly based in one location. Dunno. At least they take a "hands off" approach to breeding, and have large natural areas for their cheetahs to roam. No doubt the "secret" to their success at breeding them in captivity. I was very glad to learn that.

I have four more pop. dy. lectures! No firm groundwork on the final homework assignment yet, but Jenny and I met in the library today to establish our goal for it. Also, I am more than halfway done with the final project for investigations, though I hit a bit of a roadblock so emailed the professor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home