Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mid-term

Gee, I have been slacking so much on the updating. Probably because it's week five and I'm freaking stressed from midterms and quizzes and population dynamics in general.

I was not accepted for the internships I applied to :( Well, I wasn't accepted for the one in Utah and the one in Washington was canceled due to lack of funds. Sadly. So the job search continues. I at least dropped off my resume with the representative from wildlife services at the career fair today. Unfortunately no other natural resource-esque organizations were there. I went after four classes, in my normal school clothes wearing my freaking backpack. Damn formalities of the career fair. I suppose if it was any day but my busiest I would make a better effort to look nice and maybe explore other companies. Oh wells.

Man everything prior to this week was pretty decent. Saturday I met up with Justin in Salem and it was absolutely gorgeous weather. We walked around the park by Willamette University (there was a track meet going on there) and enjoyed the stream and flowers. It was nice. We went to Applebee's for lunch (they have a ridiculously limited selection for vegetarians and I ALMOST went for a chicken dish but settled for soup and salad) and saw Paranoid Park at the Salem cinema. The latest from Portland director Gus Van Sant. Strange, strange movie, but overall enjoyable. We went to a Roadside Grill for dinner - the place where they give you a small bucket of peanuts and they expect you to discard the shells by throwing them on the floor. Pretty cool. I got a garden burger. Anyway, that's about it I suppose.

Tomorrow I believe I am going to collect some plants with fellow fish and wildlife botanizers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home