End to a lovely weekend
First official day of spring break and Justin has left :( But I'm not sad this time, which is quite amazing as he would testify, for I will see him again on Thursday! Silly little redhead is always messing up his work schedule...I took him to work, we got there at 5:10 thinking he started at 5:30 and it turns out he didn't start until 6:00. Luckily I hadn't yet left the parking lot so we got to spend an extra 20 minutes pondering what else we'd like to do next. Milkshakes from Twin Peaks is definitely top on the list.
So here's what we did:
Saturday we ate out at the Crazy Pepper for lunch, which was delicious. I had the standard vegetable burrito, and he had fish tacos. Because I'm training him to stay away from shrimp :) Stopped at Rosauers for maple bars. We went hiking on the logging road. Hiking and hiking. No wildlife sightings, but still turned out to be a good time. That evening we went to Hood River. Had white russians at the British pub and Guiness at Trillium to a good jazzy/bluesy band.
Sunday we did the Easter breakfast with Tim's family at the Charburger. I had a Belgian waffle with strawberries. Totally should've gotten the whipped cream too. took a walk in the rain, saw lots of salamanders. Wandered across a log and hiked for a bit.....
Got back and had mom's delcicious fried rice with elk backstrap in lieu of pork.
Watched Into the Wild which was just as sad as the first time around. Sad but beautiful.
Today nothing much as we didn't have much time. But we did watch Yellow Submarine which was good and crazy.
I had an amazing time. Best weekend in a long time.
First official day of spring break and Justin has left :( But I'm not sad this time, which is quite amazing as he would testify, for I will see him again on Thursday! Silly little redhead is always messing up his work schedule...I took him to work, we got there at 5:10 thinking he started at 5:30 and it turns out he didn't start until 6:00. Luckily I hadn't yet left the parking lot so we got to spend an extra 20 minutes pondering what else we'd like to do next. Milkshakes from Twin Peaks is definitely top on the list.
So here's what we did:
Saturday we ate out at the Crazy Pepper for lunch, which was delicious. I had the standard vegetable burrito, and he had fish tacos. Because I'm training him to stay away from shrimp :) Stopped at Rosauers for maple bars. We went hiking on the logging road. Hiking and hiking. No wildlife sightings, but still turned out to be a good time. That evening we went to Hood River. Had white russians at the British pub and Guiness at Trillium to a good jazzy/bluesy band.
Sunday we did the Easter breakfast with Tim's family at the Charburger. I had a Belgian waffle with strawberries. Totally should've gotten the whipped cream too. took a walk in the rain, saw lots of salamanders. Wandered across a log and hiked for a bit.....
Got back and had mom's delcicious fried rice with elk backstrap in lieu of pork.
Watched Into the Wild which was just as sad as the first time around. Sad but beautiful.
Today nothing much as we didn't have much time. But we did watch Yellow Submarine which was good and crazy.
I had an amazing time. Best weekend in a long time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home