Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm the family's unowned boy, golden curls of envied hair...

This blog is dedicated to Justin, because he's actually been insisting that I update. SO, despite the fact that he pretty much already KNOWS everything that's been going on, here goes.

Freaking yesterday Jenn finds a letter for me that got lost in the stack from March 5. Wouldn't you know it was my credit card bill, due March 18! Probably actually due too. But I rushed it down to the post office so at least it got postmarked. Another gripe: a dog got to my AE green sandals, which SUCKS. Seriously I should get a freaking dog damage reimbursement. I've put up with a lot of shit and probably $150 of lost stuff because of her dogs. Well good freaking luck finding another roommate who is willing to put up with your ill-behaved dogs! I honestly don't understand taking on two more dogs when you don't even spend that much time with the ones you have. What's the benefit? More messes, more chewing, more vet bills. It doesn't make sense!

I have one more final - entomology - at 2:00 tomorrow. So I will probably be leaving late afternoon. YAY. I can't wait to get out of this godawful suburb and into the rolling hills and valleys and timber. It's shed antler hunting time! You can bet that I will go at it with my usual (desperate) fervor, despite my scant success in the past. I so want to find an elk antler...that'd be freaking awesome. A nice four or five point...but really finding one is icing on the cake. Just being out there in the woods is awesome. Last year I went out to the east hills by myself, had just gotten my newest digital camera, and came upon a coyote sitting downslope of me. That was so awesome just being able to watch it for the few minutes before it noticed me. The east hills are so beautiful. Meadow larks, deer trails, pileated woodpeckers, fir forests, scrub oak. It's like its own separate little ecosystem. Just gorgeous.

So I got an A on my other two finals...have turned in my ag. ecosystems essays. So the term has gone well. Tonight I met Holly at Interzone and we had their delicious brownies. Then I studied. Then Bill called me up and invited me to Bomb's Away as he has finished his degree requirements and is celebrating. I got a chocolate stout. And turns out Bill has submitted his resume to the Conservation program at UW for the dog handling temp. position! I hope he gets it, because he is definitely qualified.

Mom, I am looking forward to not having to cook for myself! I know, I'm terrible. It's not like YOU get a break from it. I can help ;) But I am sometimes at a loss for what to make and it's challenging just for one person sometimes! To get up the motivation. I mean I do rely quite a bit on Amy's organic soups and Annie's mac&cheese. But homecooked meals will be a treat! Let's make some cookies too! And I am craving Rosauers cake! Damn, I am so horrible when it comes to sugar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home