Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, March 14, 2008

So Come Back, I Am Waiting

I am so done with classes this term. Unfortunately getting up early to go to Entomology was pretty much a waste of time - we didn't exactly review, it was more of a wrap-up. And after the professor spoke on the failure of public health to deal effectively with malaria and the great diseases of poverty, I didn't exactly want to inquire about breakdown between pre- and post- midterm material. But I've actually started to study, so I feel a bit better anyway.

Whiling away the time waiting for Justin with Okkervil River - definitely my newest musical obsession. And they have so much material I haven't heard! I would love to see them live. Looks like the only upcoming shows are in the east and midwest though, so I'll probably have to wait a while.

Hot damn I'm so close to being finished with college. This is still such a crazy and novel thought for me, especially considering winter of last year...ESPECIALLY considering winter of freshman year. No self-respecting person concerned about preserving one's health should have stuck it out like this, but GODDAMN I'm going to get a freaking B.Sc. Was it worth it? Only time will tell...

I have given Emily a heads up about me graduating in the hopes of her keeping an eye out for job openings for me. She too is involved in the fisher/pine marten work. I think she's going to Canada soon. I would LOVE to get involved with this study, but I have a lot to learn. For goodness sakes a basic orienteering course should be required for all undergrads in this department. I feel so intimidated though. I am going to take a two-hour course on using GPS units through community ed. in the Hood next Friday though. Hey, it's a start. A less intimidating start than the dreaded map and compass and triangulation. Whatever that means...

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM , Blogger Ricki said...

    wow, you're on top of things! registered in the hood at community ed, huh? so when are you coming home?
    I got your bed changed today :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home