Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sometimes I get a great notion

It's almost Friday, but the excitement of the weekend retreats in the face of two exams next week and a challenging set of population dynamics homework...given the facts of today and this, I'm surprised I'm not feeling more unmotivated than I am.

Yesterday I took off for Justin's right after my botany lab. I'm pretty sure I've never looked at the clock as much as I did yesterday. Sitting through four classes was torturous. Getting there took a good two hours. Traffic was backed up on 205, as usual. I always have these grand plans for when I get there and they never play out as I think they will :) Like I was going to straighten my hair and look super spiffy in my dress for the play, but that didn't happen. I mean who wants to take 20 minutes out of boyfriend time to fix their hair? Especially given the fact that we've gone 17 days without seeing each other. That may sound pathetic, but gosh darn, it's a long time for me...for us, I think.

So we headed out to Portland and got to the theater just as the door person was shouting out that it was about to start. Our seats were closer to the stage than I thought, and we were right in the middle. It was an amazing performance. I was wondering how anyone could condense a 630 page book into a two hour play, but it worked well. Sure many of the little side-plots were lost but the essence was definitely kept intact with grace. The actors were awesome - and pretty much true to my picturing of them. Leland was always a bit more frazzled and intellectual than I thought proper...but still, a good character portrayal. It was soo cool seeing it acted as I just finished the book two days ago. Most of the lines were right from the book.

After this, we went to the Bagdad for a super late dinner. I was so food deprived. I got the burrito and just devoured it, even though it was sort of on the spicy side for my tastes. We got a chocolate stout milkshake...oh hell yes. So good. I like Portland side streets. A lot. That was pretty much the best school night ever.
We got home late, and pretty much went right to sleep. Got up early and I had to skidaddle back down here and get my freaking homework done for my class today. Everything worked out.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Ricki said...

    So does that mean you ARE feeling motivated?
    Those double negatives confuse the heck out of me
    hehe

    the deer fence and gates are in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home