Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lately, I have been hanging out with Matt a lot. I'm glad we are still friends. And at this point I don't freaking care what everyone else at Avery thinks. They can think what they want, and probably be wrong.

Anyway, where else can I be jokingly verbally abused for not being as good at verbal abuse? Yesterday we met for breakfast at Interzone, and I got a super duper breakfast burrito (my description, not theirs, but it is). Then we went our separate ways to do homework. The weather was awesome so I read outside for a while - and got to pet a freaking basset hound! In the late afternoon we went to Baker Creek for a hike. The trilliums are out. Too bad we can't collect any species from the lily family for our collections. Anyway, we hiked for about an hour. It was pleasant but tiring. By the time we got back we were both starving so we went for dinner at Nearly Normal's, complete with mud splattered calves. Yum bodacious bowties (their description, and they are). A little heavy on the artichoke hearts though. There's just an artichoke tolerance threshold beyond which I cannot venture. Later we rented High Fidelity since I hadn't seen it. Good, humorous movie.

Today we ended up walking to Borders where I purchased another Okkervil River CD (Down the River of Golden Dreams) and he purchased There Will Be Blood. I haven't seen it, but from what I can tell Daniel Day Lewis was waaay hotter in Last of the Mohicans. Not that that's a primary factor for viewing or anything.

I have written two cover letters for the National Wildlife Research Center internship positions I'm interested in - one is in Logan, Utah helping graduate students with a study on coyote behavior and physiology, and the other is in Olympia Washington assisting with studies on mammalian damage to forests and riparian areas. They both sound super awesome, are paid...with housing and transportation costs taken care of. I REALLY hope I am chosen for one. They're probably pretty competitive. Perhaps I have an edge since I will have a degree though?? Here's hoping.

I took a bike ride to the park and saw an AWESOME bicolor german shepherd. Man I want one. He was absolutely gorgeous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home