Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, May 05, 2008

Death of a Cell Phone

Mara the dog decided my cell phone would be a cool chew toy. Left it on the coffee table for like 15 minutes, found it in its damaged state laying on the dog bed. Surprisingly, it is still functional. I just can't access all the useful features...because the screen is shot to hell, basically blue but with a tiny gap of the "forest lane" background still visible. This means that I have a tiny window into my list of contacts. But all the other features are unusable now. No alarm clock. I can't see who is calling me. I can't verify if the number I've punched in is right...etc.

So, eventually I think I'm going to see about a free upgrade at the Verizon store. I'm pretty sure I can get a free phone if I sign a contract for another year or two with Verizon. Oh, I'll be glad to get out of here.

Today was surprisingly hot out. Lovely really. Time to get the shorts out. I ended up driving to campus twice, because I had to deal with the freaking Great Dane this morning as Jen and Tommy weren't back yet. The second time I flat out missed the bus. And since I'd already parked in district A for two hours, I perused Orchard (like the only unlabeled city parking anywhere near campus!) which of course was full. So, I ended up parking way the fuck away from campus and being late for my lab. BUT, oh well. No big deal. Just a tad bit frustrating.

Oh yes, I had my wetlands midterm today, which I did well on. Studied sufficiently. Next up is botany on Friday, which I will begin studying for tomorrow. Joy!

But hey, it's week 6.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    Jesus Christ, what's this about a Great Dane?!

    Did Jen at least try to seem sympathetic about your phone? Is it just me, or can you kind of understand the logic behind voodoo dolls sometimes...?!

    Need to catch up with you soon, Mer!

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    Hey Mer, thought you might like this post from the one science blog I read, about the platypus genome:

    http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/05/the_platypus_genome.php#more

     

Post a Comment

<< Home