Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Usurped Cat is...Usurped.

Justin and I think that Saucy is holding a grudge against him. She normally gets to sleep on my bed...usually freaking perched on my hip, but she was so displaced this weekend, and her back-turned ears and wide annoyed-looking eyes seemed to be directed primarily at Justin...

The weekend is like over. It's sad :( Crazy though, because tomorrow is the start of week 7. I have four weeks of classes left...ever! Ridiculous.

On Friday Justin came over. I met him on campus so he could use Excel 07 to do an assignment. Silly him, he didn't get there until after four, because he got sidetracked with random tasks before leaving. Actually, I do that all the time, so I forgave him quickly. It was a beautiful day, so I sat in the MU quad listening to music before moving to the bit of lawn in front of Nash. Well, by the time we got in Nash it was like 4:30, and since the lounge normally closes at five, we made an epic journey to the library. Alas, they only had the 03 version...same with Milne! So after I got an iced chai at Java II, we went all the way to Withycombe, but their lab was closed, and finally, back to Nash, where, lo and behold, the lounge was still open. I was slightly annoyed because I wore my sweet boots that look good but hurt my feet...and I had thought his assignment would take longer and we'd get kicked out of Nash...but we were in there until like 5:40 and nobody kicked us out! Oh well.

After that ordeal we went home and pretty much left immediately to pick up John and go to El Sol, where we met Brandi (from my botany class), her boyfriend, Amber, and some other fish and wildlifers and Lake Viewers for dinner. Good food. I had a spinach enchilada with refried beans and rice. We commandeered a sizeable suite of tables. After this we went to El Prez for drinks. It was karaoke night and they had a shitty sound system (Justin said too much mid-range) and mediocre to shitty singers. I had a coconut margarita which tasted like it had absolutely no alcohol in it...but it was decent. We stayed for probably an hour or so before heading home for the night.

On Saturday, we went out for brunch to New Morning where I had wild mushroom ravioli and a strawberry cream cheese square. Delectable! Then we went to Second Glance where I found *cute* shorts/capris, a long sleeved square necked lacy brown shirt, and a basic brown tee shirt. Good spring weather stuff. Then we went out by the dairy to walk along the bike path and look for tadpoles in the little marshy areas. We finally found a few where I had seen eggs last term. So cute! They were grazing.

We went home, and eventually went to baker creek for a short "hike." We explored the wetland there...saw gobs of rough skinned newts, some of them in their crazy mating frenzies. We watched one male seemingly trying to dislodge another from a female! Tough competition out there in the salamander world. We also saw some cool colorful millipedes, little fishies, and heard a frog. So beautiful. We were right by a beaver pond though I could see no fresh evidence of their presence. We made baked sole from the local fish market with avocado salsa for dinner. Yummy. Mum, I may be bad with a knife but some people just need skills cutting such things as a tomato ;)

Today we didn't do too much...took Fiona and Shtiya for a walk - saw a garter snake on the path, listened to the red-winged blackbirds by the river. We had pizza for lunch...he packed...and left :( So sad. It was a wonderful weekend.


And oh! Justin won an expensive drum pedal for his entry into this online contest. Bragging rights, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home