Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How we feel today

Today was fairly pleasant. Not stifling hot. Actually rather windy and cool at times. Long sleeve shirt weather. After my one class, I went to Interzone for a mint mocha and distracted Matt a bit from homework. I listened to some of his Sigur Ros with my headphones. Beautiful music. It made me feel so content, and I got all nostalgic thinking back on college and all the struggles and good memories. I ended up staying a while and studying for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my last midterm ever. Population dynamics, ickily enough. But I'm feeling ready for it. Not looking forward to the final project for investigations in pop dy though...or the final homework in pop dy...but hey, this is IT. I guess it's appropriate enough for one last challenge in my undergraduate career.

That last blog - scratch it. The wildlife biologist has assisted me in applying for the job in a different way. So I'm pretty hopeful! I felt incredibly depressed about that initial phone call, and I kept hoping and thinking..."maybe he'll call back...maybe there's another way! And then, no, I shouldn't get my hopes up." But then he did call back! The morning after I posted that.

So yeah, things are going decently. June 14 is the fisheries and wildlife graduation celebration, and hopefully mum, Tim, and Justin will be my guests. I'm not walking in the ceremony; this will be a much more personal celebration. And hey, good food too! Probably some wild game and vegetarian options. This weekend I'm heading to Justin's to see him and his band play at a bar/restaurant in Portland, so it should be exciting. Hopefully the weather will be nice too. Was pondering taking my bike down there and exploring some trails.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home