Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Back to the old school routine today after a lovely four day weekend, during which I accomplished very little.
But I have a dog sitting job coming up again during the last weekend this month, then the EMP/Seattle field trip, and spring break to look forward to..I will survive.
Today was just humdrum, first government which was generally boring, then on to French where fellow first-sceners and I rehearsed for the first time (still no idea how we're going to pull Mardi Gras together), and then on to bio., where I learned that it's A OK to swap drosophilas if the need arises. I have my four little vials here now, and in about an hour will be releasing the adults. That means that tomorrow morning I actually have to get up early! Early as in sixish, to go knock out the newly hatched adults and separate females. Oooh fun.

Jodie's Valentines Day article in The Talon is definitely amusing, and in my opinion the best piece of writing in there. Way to go Jodie! Even if it is a few days late. Even if Valentines Day is a sham anyway. Maybe someday soon there will be a new order to the universe, and shams will finally get the disrespect they deserve.

Poor Bosun, he's back from the vet's, with I believe a bit of a sore mouth after that extensive dental cleaning. I'm going to have to buy some more dental cleaning supplies so I can prevent it from getting that bad again. He's on antibiotics for his infection and ear drops.
Tim caught two wood rats today, they were just released, and were adorable. I took a bunch of photos of them through the cage bars, and have just posted one to my album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home