Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, April 23, 2004

Assembly schedule was today..elections for ASB, and the seniors..we got to endure 25 minutes of hellish weather conditions to have our "04" photo taken. The camera light bulb thingy kept blinking off and on when it wasn't supposed to and everyone had sore necks and damaged eyes from staring up at the top of the bleachers for too long. But hey, one must endure a little pain for spectacular yearbook photos.
I chose my French artist for our art unit in French class: cave people! Yes, that's right. Through some dumb luck I found out that there are actually some pretty famous caves in southern France with ancient cave paintings of ice age mammals! These cave bears, mammoths, and early horses put the landscapes and dancing people of the impressionists to shame..I'm thinking of painting a rock for my own piece.
Last day of the chicken lab. Good thing too..our chickens were beginning to get a bit aggressive and flighty, and I for one was tired of wrasslin' with the darn things.
In other news, I walked to the meadow today. I decided I needed some fresh air and exercise at around 5:00 this afternoon. I saw a pair of mallards sitting on the trail, bunches of well-fed gray squirrels (one particularly oblivious one approached Gabe on the trail and then scurried up a tree, chattering), and a deer. I didn't get back 'till 8:30 and haven't really done anything constructive since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home