Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I found out today that the fire alarm yesterday was for real..someone actually set a bush on fire outside the school.

Again, an uneventful day. Except in biology we got our chicks. They're adorable but the whole prospect of having to wrassle with them to inject testosterone subcutaneously into a fold of neck skin, annoint one's comb, weigh them and measure their combs is ridiculous. L x W x H of comb=comb factor. So I haven't named mine yet, but we did get to color them with markers.

I dropped my resume off at the vet clinic today, I hope I get that job. It'd probably be a lot of hours over the summer.

We're feeding the alpacas again. There's a new herd over there that was bought and will be resold, pretty cute little brown and white crias.

"Let me say that a longhaired cat is one thing, but a white Persian/Himalayan blend named Pitty Ting is something else altogether."
-from short story "Parade" by David Sedaris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home