Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Bosun had a vaccination appointment this morning so that is how the day began. Then mom and I decided to head somewhere and decided on Wahtum Lake. It was super crowded. But considering it was another hundred degree-er that wasn't a big surprise. We hiked to an end of the lake and got down to the water. There were many crayfish scuttling about in the shallow water, including one that attacked me when I tried to pick it up. It was eating a smaller one.  A group of (I assumed) college guys and their vizsla (it was found out that they had hiked in from Eagle Creek and were camping) walked down to the quasi beach next to us and were making a ruckus with some sort of water purifier that sqeaked with every pump.  A lot of their conversation was, subsequently, overheard. A sick (as in awesome) can opener for the tomato sauce. 

There are somewhere between 253 and 264 steps that one must climb to get back up to the parking lot.

Then we went home to "switch rigs." I just cannot endure it anymore..call them vehicles, automobiles, cars; any other generalization besides this marked country folk talk! But then again, we are "mountain people." Especially after that snowstorm.

I drove to Teacup Lake where we retrieved a crayfish trap Tim had set. All that was in there were hundreds of caddisfly larvae and the bait. Then we went to Domino's because we have coupons a couple kids sold us as a fundraiser for school sports. After that we relocated a skunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home