Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, July 02, 2004

Today was primarily a work day. A deer crossed the highway in front of me this morning. At the clinic for over eight hours, the longest I've gotten to work in a day, which was cool since I need the money. Cleaned as usual and then groomed an English springer spaniel named Shelby..clipping and bathing. I'm going to have monstrous arm muscles at the end of the summer from all that clipper work..

Started the alpaca job this evening, it's just for a couple days though. The banties were missing, which is a slight worry. Then to the Markers for sprinkler turning off, and as I was stepping up on the porch to water a couple barrels of geraniums I sensed a massive squish beneath my sandal. Pure horror and guilt when I discovered I had just stepped on and mortally wounded a fairly large slug. I hope slugs are either reincarnated or go to slug heaven. An eternal garden where salt and beer traps do not exist, and strawberry fields are free for the taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home