Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Well, I went to get the key for the dogsitting job knowing that I couldn't stay long, but they got a gecko which required a bit of instruction and of course Murphy was wanting to see it eat a cricket because he had not seen it eat before. So we all just stood there watching this cricket approach the gecko within striking range (took about 10 minutes) and then it hopped off without incident. I guess geckos are nocturnal and don't eat much during the day? Sad saying goodbye to Mrs. Jackson..

Late to taco night, which was ok, except I got hemmed in between talking people in the line, then had to wait five minutes for root beer until someone noticed me. Jodie's right. If one appears to be underage, no one is very helpful. I doubt anyone will take me seriously when I am 21 though. Maybe I'll still "look too young to be leaving for college." But anyway it was fun, discussing various subjects like dirt devils and kubotans, watching cell phone-less during that inevitable time period in which people are accidentally called and everyone seems mesmerized or at least distracted, overhearing Kerry/Bush debate over at the next table. Friday hopefully everyone can get together one last time.

Was driving home the long way then decided to take the really long way home. Actually, it's more like, out of the way. But I'm going to miss not being able to drive around whenever I want so I figured it was a good opportunity to take the cooper spur loop. A doe crossed the road in front of me at one point, and then about a mile down the road two more does crossed right in front of me into a clearing, and there were about six other deer already there. I stopped and rolled down the window and watched them for awhile, they were just grazing and frolicking about. There was a buck in this group, I couldn't see for sure but it looked like a three point. Must be fairly used to people, and probably wander in and out of yards up there. The only other thing I saw was an airdale sitting in the middle of the road (not too smart).

Quote from Alex!
"It's hard to articulate the lies that butterscotch represents."


1 Comments:

  • At 1:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Who's John Kerry?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home