I had set my alarm clock for before 6 this morning..for a chance to see the bear that has been eating the pears in front of the house. I got up around 6 and looked out the living room window but I didn't exactly want to go out there. But Tim had also gotten up early and convinced me to go outside to look. Nothing there. So we walked up the road that runs along the edge and saw one doe that trotted off. Must have looked a bit odd to anyone that saw us, Tim in full camouflage with rifle and I in pajama pants and a hoodie. He inquired as to the possibility of walking up the hill in the orchard for a better view. Noting that it was super cold out, I declined. We both headed back in. I went back to sleep, it was way too early.
Bored until mom and I decided to take a drive. It took us a long time to decide what to do. But we ended up heading up Pine Mont which connects to that highway to Dufur. Saw the high prairie area and part of the surveyor's ridge trail. Seems like there were more people way up there than there are in the valley right now. Lots of hunters. We took every road that looked intriguing, narrowly missed two chipmunks, and saw two deer. The deer just stood in the road for about three minutes before slipping back into the woods. Strange because one was slate gray with white hindquarters and the other was rusty in color. Seems like they should have both been the same color this time of year.The gray one was a young buck, it had tiny nub antlers. It looked too big to not even have spike antlers yet. I got a few pictures. I think they were so bold because they were in the "no trespassing" zone and aren't pressured by hunters.
So I got the message from Samantha about the second self defense class a little late...
Tomorrow and Tuesday: taco nights.
Is there a learnable feng shui to arranging a mixed CD?
More mom quotes:
"I'm proud of my canned goods."
"Maybe you should have a can of mace, a whistle, and a cell phone."
Bored until mom and I decided to take a drive. It took us a long time to decide what to do. But we ended up heading up Pine Mont which connects to that highway to Dufur. Saw the high prairie area and part of the surveyor's ridge trail. Seems like there were more people way up there than there are in the valley right now. Lots of hunters. We took every road that looked intriguing, narrowly missed two chipmunks, and saw two deer. The deer just stood in the road for about three minutes before slipping back into the woods. Strange because one was slate gray with white hindquarters and the other was rusty in color. Seems like they should have both been the same color this time of year.The gray one was a young buck, it had tiny nub antlers. It looked too big to not even have spike antlers yet. I got a few pictures. I think they were so bold because they were in the "no trespassing" zone and aren't pressured by hunters.
So I got the message from Samantha about the second self defense class a little late...
Tomorrow and Tuesday: taco nights.
Is there a learnable feng shui to arranging a mixed CD?
More mom quotes:
"I'm proud of my canned goods."
"Maybe you should have a can of mace, a whistle, and a cell phone."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home