Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Well, I finally finished The Last Unicorn. Took me long enough. But now when the new movie comes out in 2006, I will have a better idea of the story behind it. I of course had to watch the animated movie tonight because I had not watched it in years. Interesting how so many lines are direct from the text and yet whole huge subplots were left out. And in the book, Lady Amalthea never even lets Lir touch her, it's even a stressed point, while in the movie they kiss.

I drove to town this afternoon just to go to Wal Mart. But I needed a bunch of random stuff, like a toothbrush and pens and jewel cases. The only ones they had were in 10 packs, and I definitely should have gotten more than one package. On the way home my cassette player was getting sassy. It wouldn't rewind the Sondre Lerche tape thoroughly and kept stopping and playing at random points. Could be it's getting back at me for using it for over a year before cleaning it..

Good News For People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse and Franz Ferdinand CDs arrived today. Actually I am liking Modest Mouse more than Franz Ferdinand. But then I've only listened to Franz Ferdinand once.
Most of these songs aren't exactly upbeat...wow, and the reviewers are in debate over this one. "Bad news for people who love good music," while others claim it's classic MM. I can't say this will become one of my favorites, but there are several songs on it that I really like, namely "Float On," "The World At Large," and "Blame It On The Tetons." Perhaps this is just because these songs seem to have more of a melody than the rest though? I don't know, melody is pretty important. I'm going to be spending a considerable amount more on must have CDs before leaving.

In fact I believe it's inherently adorable.


1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Bad news for people who like good music!" Hahah! That's great! And in my opinion, true. Sorry, but I have to say that Modest Mouse really gets on my nerves. That song "Float On" is almost decent though. I have the same problem with them that I do The Pixies...the singing is quite grating, and like you said, not very melodic. I don't require GOOD singing by any means, but the dude from Modest Mouse just grates on my ancient ears.

    --Alex

     

Post a Comment

<< Home