Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Ah, my laptop arrived today..the right one! This time I checked the packing slip first just to make sure. It's all set up and now I want to connect it to the internet. I do like the display, it's nice and large and very sharp. And I think it's a nice size. Also the carrying case looks pretty darn nice. I'm now convinced that large internet and catalog based companies are incapapable of accuracy. Some BMG CDs arrived, Sondre Lerche's Two Way Monologue and Radiohead's OK Computer. The other two are on backorder, but they also sent me the featured selection which I clearly indicated I didn't want. I just don't understand how it was mess up-able, I checked the appropriate box. Oh well, must send it back. Sondre Lerche came to Portland in May which I found surprising because it looked like the US branch of his tour was not extensive. Two Way Monologue is packed full of unique melodies and I really like the diverse instrumental aspects. Cool how he does all his backup vocals too, as well as several instruments. I'll have to get Faces Down now. Another good thing in the mail: another OSAC scholarship. I couldn't believe my good fortune.."only" $425, which will probably reduce my expected amount from work study even more. I am doubting that I'll be so lucky next year. High school is good for notifying students of scholarship opportunities, but I'll probably be on my own now.

Taco night. Jon, Chris, Joseph, and Graham were there too. I was persuaded, without much difficulty, that a trip to town was necessary (for McDonalds). I got a fudge sundae. Not quite as good as Dairy Queen, but then McDonalds distributes granulated peanuts. Then we all went to Westside, and we eventually heard what sounded like a pterodactyl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home