Uneventful here. Boring really.
I walked around at first friday for awhile this late afternoon..gosh, this place is turning into another Ashland. I don't know, Hood River just seems extremely (to the point of being annoying) cultural. Hip culture. It's like some isolated little world. I found out that I'm no browser in non store settings. I just can't slowly meander through arts and crafts booths. I ended up speedwalking to Artifacts and then felt like I should buy something just for the sake of buying something. I found Sometimes A Great Notion. Someday I will reread that. Purchased a fancy dog biscuit for Bo at Gorge Dog and my arm was knawed on by a puppy. For a while I sat at the library lawn and marveled at the idealistic tourist environment. It was incredible. Windsurfers gliding on the river, marimba music floating away, small children and puppies bouncing around (I believe I saw a labradoodle), and white birds flying through the warm evening air. Ok, no doves at least. Seagulls: slightly less charming.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
-"Somewhere Only We Know", Keane
They're going to be on Letterman on monday. Actually they'll be in Portland on wednesday. Also, the music video is sometimes on MTV2's subterranean, and I saw Sondre Lerche's video for "Two Way Monologue" on it once too. Tom Chaplin's vocals in "We Might As Well Be Strangers" reminds me of Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge.
I walked around at first friday for awhile this late afternoon..gosh, this place is turning into another Ashland. I don't know, Hood River just seems extremely (to the point of being annoying) cultural. Hip culture. It's like some isolated little world. I found out that I'm no browser in non store settings. I just can't slowly meander through arts and crafts booths. I ended up speedwalking to Artifacts and then felt like I should buy something just for the sake of buying something. I found Sometimes A Great Notion. Someday I will reread that. Purchased a fancy dog biscuit for Bo at Gorge Dog and my arm was knawed on by a puppy. For a while I sat at the library lawn and marveled at the idealistic tourist environment. It was incredible. Windsurfers gliding on the river, marimba music floating away, small children and puppies bouncing around (I believe I saw a labradoodle), and white birds flying through the warm evening air. Ok, no doves at least. Seagulls: slightly less charming.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
-"Somewhere Only We Know", Keane
They're going to be on Letterman on monday. Actually they'll be in Portland on wednesday. Also, the music video is sometimes on MTV2's subterranean, and I saw Sondre Lerche's video for "Two Way Monologue" on it once too. Tom Chaplin's vocals in "We Might As Well Be Strangers" reminds me of Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home