Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, September 10, 2004

Back from the coast!
We left about 2 yesterday and arrived in Seaside about a quarter till five. The first thing we did was stop at Safeway for provisions. Then to check in. Our hotel room was pretty nice, right on the beach with a great view and a cute little balcony. Luckily the weather was great, and we walked on the beach. Found a fair size jellyfish that had settled on the sand, and it was still alive. Pulsating..and the tide seemed to be going out. Well, I didn't exactly want to be scarred for life by a jellyfish so I did not attempt to slide it into the water. Probably too injured to live anyway. Then when we were wading in the surf, I spotted another jellyfish, this one primed to bump right into Chelsea's leg. There was a bit of a screaming episode after I voiced a warning..and it was a brown jellyfish too, which seems slightly more dangerous than the standard translucent ones. I think Mrs. Mendez once said to avoid brown jellyfish.

We ate spaghetti and watched TV and walked downtown, went into the arcade, walked back to the hotel. Watched TV, then listened to everyone talk about how in so many years the blond population will be practically nonexistent due to the fact that it's a recessive gene. Subsequently, a "cute blond boys for Chelsea to marry" discussion ensued.

Today was not as nice in the weather department, rainy off and on, but still decent. We ended up going to Astoria, went to see one of Chelsea's friends she met in college, who was recently proposed to, so we watched a home video of the proposal. There was a small canine, lhasa apso I think, and it kept sitting up on its haunches with its front paws tucked to its chest. Pretty bizarre, yet cute. We went to the Astoria column, and trekked up that spiral staircase to the top. Rad, excellent view and photo opportunity. We ate at a pizza place and even saw the Goonies house. And then sea lion viewing! Drove to this port where they haul out on the docks. Adorable, we saw about 30 out on this dock and in the surrounding waters, they bark constantly, so I took a video clip, plus tons of pictures. Andre! We went to a few more random little coast towns, drove on the beach, went back to Seaside (saw three huge longhaired dogs belonging to the same person that were about identical, I think they were leonbergers, which are pretty rare) and walked around a while before eating at Dooger's.

Started back around 4:30 and once back in Hood River we stopped at Andrea's, picked up Caitlyn, and then Samantha and I were dropped off at her house. So we went to the football game and met everyone there. Tons of people in our class still in HR. Michael is going to OSU too, and doesn't it figure he's in the same area of campus. Oh jeez. Anyway, I decided to leave early in order to beat the crowd, and that's all.

Chelsea quote!
"Samantha, I'm ready for the noodles."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home