Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Okkervil River...and a badger

I think I'm coming down with a cold. The tell-tale sore throat...drat. Oh well. It's kind of inevetable. I mean I get sick like once every three months. Scarily, it's usually the same thing. Apparently I have a slacker of an immune system.

Anyway, my trek to civilization was overall pretty swell. Friday I stayed at Matt's. The main highlight was the great dane that his roommate recently acquired. And Interzone. I miss Interzone...oh and someone stole my cheetah antenna ball, after I commented to Matt that I get suspicious parking on a college campus with that thing. It's just so...stealeable. And it was stolen. Guess I have to go walk for the cheetah again if I want another one. Anyway, Saturday I visited Oil Can Henry's which took forever and then met Justin in Cottage Grove at the Comfort Inn. We hurriedly ate and then headed into Eugene for the concert. Surprise surprise the two Matts (Savino and Walsh) were the only ones in line when we arrived 50 minutes to doors. Even at doors there were only about 15 people...luckily the turnout was decent by the time Okkervil River came on. We saw two opening bands...Zykos and Sea Wolf. Pretty good. I liked Sea Wolf enough to grab a purple conversation heart colored shirt with two howling wolves. Anyhoo, Okkervil played some favorites, including Our Life is Not A Movie or Maybe, A Girl in Port, and Lost Coastlines. I was really wishing for So Come Back, I Am Waiting, but I guess you can't have it all. And Will has very elegant fingers. And yes, he's rather attractive despite his crazy eyes. I've come to the conclusion that any decent looking guy who can write romantic lyrics is attractive to me. So yay. Good show.

Sunday Justin and I wandered around Eugene after securing our room for another night. We ate at McMenamins which was so nice...wild salmon sandwich and a terminator chocolate stout milkshake. Oh yes. Monday kind of sucked.

Oh so today I finally saw a badger. Too late to be included in the appropriate "mammal monday" post...but yes. Coolness. I was setting traps for rabbit #20 and I saw a cloud of dust leading into one of the burrows. So I peer in and a smallish badger peers back placidly. So cute. It left without my noticing as I set traps in the other burrows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home