Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Counting the Days

Our bat season is coming to an end sooner than I had anticipated. I have two more weeks of bats - no more mist net surveys though, just acoustic monitoring - which is kind of sad. After that, I will be moved to the pygmy rabbit crew, which is currently stationed on Hart. Yes, I will have to leave my "new" room here (Ria went back to Humboldt, so I got her room) and will probably live in a travel trailer for the remainder of my time here. But I will get to learn radio telemetry and trap rabbits at odd hours of the night, so that should be a good experience, plus I get to work with Brandi, who is always entertaining.

Not a lot has occurred recently. I have seen two groups of wild horses and 20+ bighorn sheep though. Yesterday we went to Klamath Falls for more random shopping. We now have a spiffy little fish tank with a betta. They're such ridiculous creatures. The petco there still has the cutest little white's tree frog...it's adorable. But they always look depressed. Last night we went to the bar. It was...entertaining. And I still can't take a shot. Oh well.

Friday = Justin's arrival. Woohoo. Here's what we want to do: go shopping in Alturas (actually, I want to him to go shopping for clothes that aren't his normal large t shirt and baggy jeans), go to the hot springs, swim at Dog Lake, go to the bar (read: get him drunk so I can be entertained and hope that nobody recognizes him as a hippie and starts a fist fight), and watch a movie or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home