Mammal Monday
So I've decided to make Monday mammal day, for obvious lame alliteration purposes. I will be posting lists of mammals I've seen in the wild, under natural circumstances (except for bats!), according to taxa. These lists will not be complete, due to the fact that one often sees mammals in the wild which they are unable to identify (especially rodents).
So today we have Order Chiroptera, Family Vespertilionidae - bats which I've encountered during our mist net surveys.
Yuma Myotis (Myotis yumanensis)
Little Brown Bat (Myotis lucifugus)
California Myotis (Myotis californicus)
Small-footed Myotis (Myotis ciliolabrum)
Long Legged Myotis (Myotis volans)
Long Eared Myotis (Myotis evotis)
Big Brown Bat (Eptesicus fuscus)
Hoary Bat (Lasiurus cinereus)
Silver-Haired Bat (Lasionycteris noctivagans)
Pallid Bat (Antrozous pallidus)
Townsend’s Big-Eared Bat (Corynorhinus townsendii)
So I've decided to make Monday mammal day, for obvious lame alliteration purposes. I will be posting lists of mammals I've seen in the wild, under natural circumstances (except for bats!), according to taxa. These lists will not be complete, due to the fact that one often sees mammals in the wild which they are unable to identify (especially rodents).
So today we have Order Chiroptera, Family Vespertilionidae - bats which I've encountered during our mist net surveys.
Yuma Myotis (Myotis yumanensis)
Little Brown Bat (Myotis lucifugus)
California Myotis (Myotis californicus)
Small-footed Myotis (Myotis ciliolabrum)
Long Legged Myotis (Myotis volans)
Long Eared Myotis (Myotis evotis)
Big Brown Bat (Eptesicus fuscus)
Hoary Bat (Lasiurus cinereus)
Silver-Haired Bat (Lasionycteris noctivagans)
Pallid Bat (Antrozous pallidus)
Townsend’s Big-Eared Bat (Corynorhinus townsendii)


1 Comments:
At 6:01 PM ,
Ricki said...
so I will add the mammals I've seen thus far today,
mammal Monday,
cat (Sassy, very bossy for special treats)
dogs (LeeLoo and Rosie, at Cindy's)
pine squirrel (who chattered at me while I looked into the pond for salamanders, alas only one I see)
various and assorted homo sapiens
Post a Comment
<< Home