Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sitting, and more sitting

Being stuck in the office kind of sucks. Like today I spent 7 hours working through ArcMap exercises (a GIS computer program). It's actually quite interesting, and fairly easy thus far, but sitting in a chair all day is so not my thing!

Also, I am so pet deprived. As are my roommates. Jessa and Allie and I all want a pet. I know I'm not really in a stable enough position yet to acquire a long-lived animal. But there was an adorable kitty in the bookstore that needs a home (it's owner died) and it was rubbing up against its cage so we could pet it. So sweet. I'd even take a small furry at this point. Perhaps a gerbil (that's about the only domestic rodent I haven't kept before).

In food news, I've been enjoying my supposedly sustainably raised chicken, grilled with pasta...and tonight I made maple roasted tofu with asparagus from veggie meal plans. It turned out good! I was a little wary, as I'd just tried a recipe from there that did not turn out well (lentil and radish wrap w/carrot salad - flavors just didn't mesh) and I was a little cautious pouring maple syrup over the garlic I'd just chopped for the marinade. But it tasted like a sweet teriyaki-esque deal, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home