(Mis)adventures
Yesterday I was sent out into the field alone - with a standard transmission truck. Let's just say it was quite the adventure, and I'm pretty sure that truck now wishes it were never manufactured. BUT, I'm doing it again tomorrow (idiotic, you might say?)...I swear I will kill it fewer times...
Anyway, the deal is that our old site (off the Hogback road) has too few rabbits for more than one person to deal with. And that's where I was sent. Tomorrow too. I've come to the conclusion that the best way for me to learn is to just go for it. I'm sure the BLM would raise a few eyebrows...at least.
Oh yeah, and Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I had a dream that I hosted French tourists, telling them the finer points of pygmy rabbit trapping. I think this had something to do with the fact that I hung out with the fire guys that night and Steve said a few phrases in French...and the fact that I was apprehensive about going alone (so yes...tourists who speak no English would certainly be a logical solution to that).
Yesterday I was sent out into the field alone - with a standard transmission truck. Let's just say it was quite the adventure, and I'm pretty sure that truck now wishes it were never manufactured. BUT, I'm doing it again tomorrow (idiotic, you might say?)...I swear I will kill it fewer times...
Anyway, the deal is that our old site (off the Hogback road) has too few rabbits for more than one person to deal with. And that's where I was sent. Tomorrow too. I've come to the conclusion that the best way for me to learn is to just go for it. I'm sure the BLM would raise a few eyebrows...at least.
Oh yeah, and Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I had a dream that I hosted French tourists, telling them the finer points of pygmy rabbit trapping. I think this had something to do with the fact that I hung out with the fire guys that night and Steve said a few phrases in French...and the fact that I was apprehensive about going alone (so yes...tourists who speak no English would certainly be a logical solution to that).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home