Developments
It snowed here today...not much, but still, it's early October and I am not ready for this chilly weather. Wednesday night during work it was a scant 18 deg., and today (thank goodness I didn't have to work) there were five inches of snow at the study site. It's going to be difficult setting traps in snow!
Yesterday we had the easiest time ever recapturing a rabbit. We went out to scout for burrows and set out traps, and I stumbled across our rabbit of interest. So Tim and Darryl (new guy) and I kinda pushed it 50 meters or so, and it went right into a burrow. An hour later we had the little pygmy waiting in our trap (it didn't even close all the way but luckily he was still in there!). So yeah, that was awesome. Usually you can chase the damn things around for hours and they'll simply refuse to pop into a burrow. Anyway, that was HG2. 2 was the new 19 for me - simply adorable. Really really small and always with a somewhat concerned, pensive expression. Yes, a pygmy rabbit can have an expression.
So, I broke things off with Justin. And I'm still not entirely fine about that, but I felt it was for the best. I just hope we can keep talking and remain friends.
It snowed here today...not much, but still, it's early October and I am not ready for this chilly weather. Wednesday night during work it was a scant 18 deg., and today (thank goodness I didn't have to work) there were five inches of snow at the study site. It's going to be difficult setting traps in snow!
Yesterday we had the easiest time ever recapturing a rabbit. We went out to scout for burrows and set out traps, and I stumbled across our rabbit of interest. So Tim and Darryl (new guy) and I kinda pushed it 50 meters or so, and it went right into a burrow. An hour later we had the little pygmy waiting in our trap (it didn't even close all the way but luckily he was still in there!). So yeah, that was awesome. Usually you can chase the damn things around for hours and they'll simply refuse to pop into a burrow. Anyway, that was HG2. 2 was the new 19 for me - simply adorable. Really really small and always with a somewhat concerned, pensive expression. Yes, a pygmy rabbit can have an expression.
So, I broke things off with Justin. And I'm still not entirely fine about that, but I felt it was for the best. I just hope we can keep talking and remain friends.


1 Comments:
At 9:47 PM ,
Seafroggys said...
Yes! Three short sentences!
Post a Comment
<< Home