Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, February 20, 2004

I just got back from Jodie's surprise birthday party at Samantha's. It was awesome. I went to west side, feeling rather cool for being a part of this top secret mission to surprise Jo D in honor of her 18th, and Chelsea arrived a few minutes later. Then Treshia and Andrea, so we all went to Sam's with Chelsea. She dropped us off and went to go get the unsuspecting Jodie, who believed they were going to go pick up Sam and cruise around town for awhile. We made some punch and then when we saw the car pulling into the driveway we hastily ran into the den and jumped behind furniture, and Sam turned off the light. So we heard Samantha and Jodie talking, and then when they entered the kitchen/den area Samantha turned on the light and we all jumped from our hiding places and shouted "surprise" in a very classic and matter-of-fact fashion, at which point Jodie practically started crying. Aw. We ate a lot and talked about some really random things. Jodie opened her gifts and then we lighted the candles and placed the my little pony on the cake (yeah, I'm not so good at helping to light candles, I missed one and then burned my finger) and sang happy birthday. Robyn and I decided that the world needs "my little velociraptors."

I'm not even going to begin talking about fruit flies. It would take too long and be excruciatingly boring. So it was nice out again today, I can't wait for spring. Last night Alex and I brainstormed ideas for the manifesto. We decided to just go ahead and start writing out a tentative draft, so we threw ideas back and forth. Lame pun involving badminton: our ideas were the birdie, which we tossed back and forth over the "net." Also discovered that we have dissimilar tastes in sparkling beverages. However, due to the fact that we do indeed have equivalent world views, Alex decided that this situation was like the opposite of the song "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

I'm tired...little homework this weekend is all, and I'll finish the OSAC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home