Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, July 26, 2004

Another couple hours of work in the morning. The black lab acted like it wanted to eat the chihuahua, it was pretty scary...boring afternoon..washed jeep. Then Samantha called about 5:15 to report that everyone was going to taco night. So I went. Tacos and root beer. Darn good. We couldn't decide what to do in Parkdale and a marauding sprinkler was viciously harassing us so we all went to Andrea's and listened to music, talked, ate chocolate covered soy nuts and sickening candy corn, etc. It was a grand ol' time.

I lost Raining Down Arrows.  It went for over $17. But I think I'll just buy it from Road Records (see new link). Too bad I didn't know about this album's release date in advance..the first 100 copies they sold were signed! I need to expand my music collection though. I still want a Simon and Garfunkel collection with the songs from The Graduate,  and now I'm interested in Blur, some old ones from the Foo Fighters, more DMB and Badly Drawn Boy, Modest Mouse, The Thermals, Franz Ferdinand (supposedly "Take Me Out" is a rip-off of a Led Zeppelin song called "Trampled Underfoot"), Bright Eyes, Damien Rice, and Weezer. I've always liked everything I've heard from Weezer and yet I still have 0 of their CDs. Also Phantom Planet Is Missing  would probably be a good one. 

Time for headlines



1 Comments:

  • At 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I sympathize with you, for I have also been wanting to get some S-Man and G-Funk. I hear the album Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme is the best. Foo Fighters, you can't go wrong with them. The Thermals are wicked, both albums are good. I have to say though, I really do not like Modest Mouse. Avoid them if you don't want boulders to fall upon you. They attract landslides.

    Oh and Weezer is also another tried and true classic. Pinkerton is the total shit. I bet you'd like Ben Folds too, if you haven't already acquainted yourself with them. Just ask Regis, if you managed to I'd seriously be impressed. Sick.

    --Alex

     

Post a Comment

<< Home