Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, July 12, 2004

I saw an uncommon number of uncommonly large moths today; a sphynx moth at the Markers' house on a white lily, an unidentified gray, black, and white moth in our backyard, and another sphynx moth on our front porch. Take away their ornate wings and they're just grossly obese grubs with fur. Not cute.

The seasonably hot temperature today was around 95. I wanted to go floating but it wouldn't be much fun with no one else. And kinda random. Floating is best accomplished in large groups. So anyone that would like to venture out here for a scenic tour of the canal via floaties, a trip to the lake, wildlife watching, or hiking, get in contact with me. This is indeed a request of desperation. Parkdale is actually quite boring, as you may have suspected, and our only other options are the brew pub (well, ok, taco night is pretty cool), McIsaacs general store, and the Whistle Stop. And one can only spend so much time staggering up and down the aisles of McIsaacs. In addition, maybe a camping trip can be organized for sometime this July or August.

"Singer Chaka Khan surprises a man who lost 87 pounds."
-partial description of the Dr. Phil show today

A 600 pound tiger has managed to gain freedom from an actor's private collection of big cats in Florida.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Whah...! A comment link! (This is Sherry, btw.) When did these start? I don't remember seeing them before... I think I actually mentioned it to you that I was disappointed that there wasn't a comment option.

    Anyway, cool! Now I don't have to worry about whether or not I would totally be stupid emailing you about something you've wrote in your blog. (Which is why I've never actually emailed about something you've wrote in your blog.)

    Floating sounds like fun but I doubt I can get up to Parkdale to go floating with you. And I will be gone for the rest of the week. Good luck with organizing something though.

    Oh, and have fun at OSU!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home