Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Last day working at the clinic until the twenty second. Shucks. A slow day, just routine cleaning but someone was supposed to bring a chow in for a summer shave and they didn't show. So I went home and went back later when they did. But first I bathed a very chubby beagle named Scampy. Chows tend to be on the iffy side in the temperament department, but this one (its name is Dorky) seemed almost unnaturally placid, laying down on the table and letting me shave off its matted quilt-like fur. It was seriously like skinning the dog. Half its weight consisted of fur and debris. Then it growled ever so softly, which was a bit unnerving and made me wonder if dogs really can smell fear. On with a muzzle. I didn't finish because of an orthodontic appointment however. I waited about 20 minutes for the orthodontist to evaluate my teeth for about 2. Everything's a ok though, which I guess is a reassurance.

On the Discovery Channel this evening I viewed "Anatomy of a Grizzly Attack." Analyzed the sheer strength of angry Alaskan grizzlies and possible damage to human tissue. Expert discussions on that guy and his girlfriend that were killed and eaten last October in Alaska. I just don't get why that guy thought he could assimilate himself into bear society..he named brown bears Cracker and Cupcake for goodness sakes.

Becky, bloggerbot is the program for putting photos on your blog..I clicked on a promotional link, don't know where to find it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home