Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I wish I could find some creative and more interesting way to begin my blogs..
Today nothing happened until 3:30 when I went to Waucoma Park for a gathering, for Robyn. We all played group wall ball minus the wall. I actually won a couple times, which was unexpected. Oh yeah, I have untapped athletic abilities. If only I funneled my energy to such things rather than academic tedium; I wonder how far I could get? Maybe decent at badminton? Mediocre at bowling?

We walked around downtown, got a peanut butter fudge bar at Andrew's, went in to Holstein's and saw Matt G., had a guy yell at us for being ignorant of a rainbow. I saw a truck travelling on Oak, thought it looked like Tim's (he has a white toyota truck, and there are many) and didn't know for sure until about five seconds after it passed, when the unmistakable scent of skunk reached me. Priceless.

I went on a walk with Bosun upon arrival at home. That dog seems to want to be an herbivore. He eats leaves. Saw a deer running up the opposite bank at the pipes. Bosun didn't see it but miraculously I believe he actually heard/smelled it. I'm going to miss walking that dog. It's painfully slow-going, but then if I just attempt to stroll like Andy Dufresne it's not bad.

After the walk I took the cooper spur loop drive again. Soon I will become skilled at driving that road. Not quite as leisurely tonight because someone was behind me most of the time. But I did see three deer. Mom's warning.."Watch out for deer. It could ruin your car." Thanks for the concern..

The bathroom linoleum is in. It's quite cool looking. Shiny white with black diamonds. Carpet should be in soon.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home