Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Second to last day of work!
What I will not miss about my job:
Contact with roccal and other potentially health hazardous chemicals
The mop sponge that hasn't been replaced in years
Picking up mouse and vole entrails (gifts from Gallo, the resident cat)
Boarding parrots that squawk "good morning!" and "how are YOU?" and "how ARE you?" every five minutes
Frantic and neurotic dogs
What I will miss:
paychecks
walking the dogs
listening to overly concerned owners

After work I just sat around doing pretty much nothing but listening to music. The Cure mix from Alex arrived today and it is awesome. Very nicely arranged as well.
I walked to the meadow mid-afternoon..ah, sentimentality. I saw a big gray squirrel and a cricket that hopped away and landed in the ditch. I felt kind of bad about this..I just wanted to prompt it to jump. And hopefully it got out. I sat by the bank downstream waiting to rescue the thing and never saw it, so I'm assuming it rescued itself..

Then I went to Uncle Scott's for a last visit with him and dad. We watched About A Boy, which neither of them had seen. That's such a great movie. Good soundtrack too. Tomorrow I must actually start packing. I only have a rough pile of stuff as of now.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home