Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, November 08, 2004

Alright, I'm totally doomed in geology.

The midterm: not curved, 35% of final grade. Several pages, lots of matching and multiple choice and several major essays. 50 minute time limit..not a good combination. I guess I could factor in the possibility that I could have studied more and managed my time better (i.e. start with the essay questions that are worth 10 pts. apiece!!). Anyway, I didn't even finish some of the matching, left a couple multiple choice ones blank, basically didn't know how to answer a question worth 5 pts., and barely touched on one of the 10 pointers. I managed to write what I believe to be an adequate amount for the first big essay question, but I didn't really know what the heck I was talking about. What kills me is I could have done a better job with the second 10 pointer but ran out of time with just one or two sentences down. Should've done that one instead if I would've anticipated the dire time situation. Damn. This is so not good. Many were forced to turn in their tests at the end of class. I don't think I'm alone...one student inquired, in an obviously angry tone of disbelief, how we could be expected to finish the essays within that class time.

Yeah, since 1 my day has been pretty depressing. Thoughts of an overall grade of C or worse...not passing, not earning credit, falling behind, being overwhelmed with other classes, not graduating, and working the rest of my life in a minimum wage-paying service sector job have inundated me.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home