Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, November 05, 2004

Yesterday I was too busy and too tired to update! So here’s a rundown of key concepts and happenings:
Conservation midterm..teacher a bit late but I knew from note on door and had my study materials with me, so no big deal. Didn’t do exceptionally well on multiple choice, had no clue about one essay so wrote speculations in a matter-of-fact format.

Hilariously entertaining video in art about this dude that does performance art. He locked himself in a tiny locker for five days, stayed on a shelf in an art exhibit for a month, and nailed himself to a vw bug which was subsequently driven about a bit. Got arrested for feigning death by hit-and-run. Converted several tons of earth into a giant landscape supporting two radical cities, a melding of real and unreal..toys, lincoln logs, bullets..etc.

Cleaned sleeping porch. Several took advantage of lights on by changing sheets at that time. Reminded me to change sheets. Laundry fiasco ensued involving insufficient dryers. Finally decided to just put on different sheets around 6:00 (should have paused in cleaning to do this). Can’t turn on lights just for my convenience in case someone is actually in there trying to sleep. So like, it’s not so convenient to change sheets in the dark. It’s actually almost freaking impossible. Completed task after unnecessary duress (somehow managed to damage blood vessel in hand..)

Rachel=unreliable. "Not doing anything in the evening" as of lunch, suddenly unavailable a half hour before I needed a ride. Not cool.
However, Joy rescued me from the situation by offering a ride to and from the wolf meeting. And Jasmine traded nights for dinner dishes at the last minute too, so one less thing I had to scramble to do before the meeting.

Wolf Town Hall Informational Meeting at 7 at fairgrounds! This was the second to last meeting, there have been five or six held throughout Oregon in the past couple months to educate the public and gain insight from concerned citizens. The plan outlines methods for managing wolves that naturally disperse from Idaho to Oregon. Its rejection or acceptance will be decided on January 7. Obtained copy of draft plan. The presentation was about forty minutes, followed by a good hour and fifteen of questions from the audience.

Today:
Math. Umm, I pose a question of ethics. Nothing so monumental as plagiarism or cheating. Supposedly I got 100% on my test. And yet on first page there is a "–2" mark. Yet top of page reports "100/100" with smiley face. So my teacher forgot that mistake and missed seeing that previous mark I’m assuming. My answer just wasn’t simplified completely I think so that’s why the two points would be taken off. Next time we’re going over the problems in class, so if my answer does prove to be not simplified enough, do I say anything? Keep in mind that in elementary school I found a few coins on the playground and took them to a supervisor.

Conservation midterm returned to me, I got an almost perfectly average score of 84%. Not bad, not good. Took quiz. Otherwise uneventful. We get to use our park map for the geology midterm on Monday, and we can write notes on it! Plus next Wednesday that class has been canceled. Nice.

Luis found me on facebook and messaged me! He’s at Yale! That was pretty random, and cool.

Nothing much else happening. Dad’s weekend and I am devoid of my family visiting. But tonight they’re going to the Clarke residence to retrieve Tim’s wolf rug. I decided the blue and silver wolf rug on black felt will go better with the minty green of my new room than my cinnamon colored black bear on red felt would. The house is going to be done when I go home for Thanksgiving! And right now the carpet is in. Finally. Ed (cousin) is going to the football game tomorrow and so mom got together a care package for him to bring. Homemade cook-ays..yum.

Oh, and I did sign up for advising Thursday. Hopefully I can decide on some good classes. Kristen’s family is visiting and brought their two poodles, which she brought in to our room. One is an apricot toy poodle, say, five pounds of hypo-allergenic non-shedding annoyance. It sneezed.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WHAT!? Are you out of your miz-ind? Take the 100/100 and run! Don't tell the teacher. Not only did they make the mistake themselves, but it was a math teacher for God sake, what kind of a math teacher miscalculates a test?
    P.S.-the "cook-ays" part made me laugh out loud.
    -Jodie

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Luis? Rojas? Who?

     
  • At 12:08 AM , Blogger Merrie said...

    Luis Angulo, he went to Parkdale and Wy'east.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home