Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, October 25, 2004

Today was freezing cold, and I always end up wearing my down coat when I don't need it. Well today I only wore a sweatshirt and it was not exactly adequate. Minor frustrations..the math quiz was closed note, which is unusual. And I am so able to do those problems if I have formulas in front of me! It's just I need to memorize them..also he only passed them out the last fifteen minutes of class so everyone that didn't have their next class in ten minutes had extra time to work on them..so annoying. I know it's no big deal but it still bothers me.
Luckily my conservation professor is very lenient with rescheduling of exams, so I'll be able to take the midterm Thursday of next week, after I have my math and art exams done with. I also downloaded powerpoint viewer so I'm able to access all the lectures off blackboard, which will definitely help.
In geology we had a special presentation. Our guest speaker being one of only three people that have been to the bottom of Crater Lake. It was a welcome change from our usual lectures.

Phone call this afternoon which resulted in an "oh SHIT, I dialed the wrong number." That's always amusing. We get tons of unwanted phone calls here, mostly people trying to pry our social security numbers from our brains.

House meeting and picture this afternoon..at the end of each meeting a room number is drawn and if 2 out of 3 people from the room are in attendance, consumable prizes are awarded. Yay, ours was called! Too bad there weren't any giant boxes of junior mints though..I saw someone get one of those once. I settled for snickers.

I have an immense dislike of mathematical applications. I finally resorted to a video lecture provided with the textbook. It only helped me get one of those icky word problems done, but at least it was understandable.


1 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why does it seem like you have a better time at a college than I am??? *sniffs* I wanna be over there with you now... :(

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home