Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, October 22, 2004

Another weekend minus roommates. I guess that's nice. I have a moderate amount of homework. Mostly math. But I already got one geology essay done, which is definitely a good sign of productivity. Sure, it's less than a page long, but that's standard.

Tonight I took over Jasmine's job of dinner waitress because she had practice..I think. Anyway, it's a three point job and about the easiest ever. I felt strange ringing the triangle and disturbing the relative peace (yes here at OSU we love country music and we're dam proud about it. The music manifests itself in the methods we use to notify others that dinner is ready). Why is the sleeping porch only two points? It's much more labor intensive. Anyway, that's nice because now she's going to clean the sleeping porch next Thursday. Although I'm getting that job down. I didn't even ram my elbow into a post last time. Gotta watch extensive arm motions around those things.

Oh boring. I did receive my ballot, which was a relief because I was beginning to wonder. Also our sweatshirts came. They're like a charcoal gray with a blue hibiscus print on the front with our lodge name and then OSU on one sleeve with more flowers. Pretty nice. Was in need of new sweatshirt.

I wonder what it would be like if I would've gone to a smaller college. Funny how this campus was the one I liked the least when we visited. (Perhaps because it seemed like I was vulnerable to hit and run by bicyclists, even during summer.) Gena and I were discussing this when she visited. There was no "I knew right when I stepped on campus that this was the place for me" crap. Does that really happen? Or is it a manufactured product of promotional brochures? But it's not so bad now. I rather like it. I think being away from home has drastically reduced the amount of unnecessary stress too.


2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The minute I stepped onto the PSU campus I thought to myself "Oh hell!" Mounds of hobo's and addicts is not that was displayed in the beautiful pamplets.
    That "Oh hell!" is still with me.
    -Jodie

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hobos and crazies...yep, that's downtown portland for you. downtown is pretty cool, but it kind of gives me weird feelings. i'm glad i live just off that area, where the crazy people wear rejuvination hats.

    --alex

     

Post a Comment

<< Home