Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Didn't accomplish a whole lot today. But I did "go out" on a Saturday night for once. Bowling..it totally counts. No stellar scores from me but I did get two strikes in the second game. Jasmine had invited Nao and Chizu (they're from Japan and I think will be leaving at end of term) and they both came but no other interest. I'd never been to the MU rec. center. It's spiffy. Way nicer than Orchard Lanes, and yet there's something to be said for the atmosphere there. After a while the lights were dimmed and the pins seemed to be lit fluorescent and little swirly gem-like lights projected from the ceiling swirled in circular motions on the floor. Like a middle school dance basically, minus the spurts of fake fog, and much cooler given the location.

The rest of the day was intermittent math homework and chores. I managed to secure a washer and dryer eventually for washing the towels, aprons, and TV room blankets. What an easy job..just annoying having to run back and forth from room to laundry room checking for availability and progress. Then had dinner dishes. One of the girls didn't even show up for that so with just two of us it took longer.

This geology project is going to take up some time over Thanksgiving break. Must set aside uninterrupted chunks of time for that, which is going to be hard given the distractions. It's basically the only thing I have to do over break, but bothersome nontheless. Luckily what I'm doing is clear to me now and I know I can make it at least two pages, probably three with the photos and diagrams. I'm so not taking another geology class if I can help it.

Oo, and thanks to Jasmine's store venture my calculator is in working condition. I adjusted the screen as dark as it'd go but still could just barely make out anything. Luckily it was just the batteries and not a symptom of near death. As soon as I turned the thing on after I put the new batteries in the whole screen was dark blue.

Tomorrow's work party. We're compensated in pizza.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home