Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, November 18, 2004

My legs are sore from badminton. A crucial indicator that I'm out of shape.
Today was fairly busy. Lots of little things mostly. Got a lot of stuff done, cleaning and laundry-wise. Cleaned sleeping porch, changed sheets (I'm finally recognizing and taking advantage of this symbiosis now that term's nearing completion and my job duty will change), vacuumed room, got brave and changed the vacuum bag, finally ran a couple trays of dishes through the sanitizer just to know how to do it (laughably easy, push one button and wait).

Today's art lecture was about architecture. We watched a video clip on Frank Gehry and his design of the Guggenheim museum in Spain. The interior really reminded me of Experience Music Project. And it turns out the EMP was designed by him too.

Tomorrow's friday. And I got off pretty easy with my weekend job duty too! Considering it's work party on Sunday though it makes sense. So tomorrow I have to clean the bathroom. Not an envied task, but easy and not exceptionally time-consuming. But Saturday I just have to wash towels and aprons and do dinner dishes and dish put away, and Sunday it's just dinner dishes and put away again. So it shouldn't be that bad.

I'm really liking Faces Down, it's diverse and melodic and catchy. Impressive, especially considering it's his debut, written and recorded in his late teens. Favorites being "Modern Nature" and "No One's Gonna Come." I also think that Two Way Monologue is adequately distinguishable and unique, but of the same consistent quality.

I haven't listened to Kid A enough to really decide on any favorites, but I definitely think it's a great album overall. Maybe not quite up there with OK Computer though. "Everything In Its Right Place" sounds really familiar but I don't know where I would have heard it. Now I really want to get The Bends. Being my first real taste of Radiohead it encouraged my interest in their later albums. So it doesn't make sense for me to not have that one. And I think most fans consider it to be their greatest. It's ebay time I think. Oh yeah, and Odd Todd's box went for something like $84.

Funny how breaks are now considered to be primarily resource obtaining opportunities. Wal Mart used to be considered a dreaded side effect of town trips for better things but now I'm pretty sure I'd truly appreciate the absolute abundance of necessary products there. And I'm so serious about asking for socks and a membership to a fruit of the month or similar club for Christmas. Sounds inherently unfun and very unme. But practicality reigns supreme.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmm, most Radiohead fans I know (including me) would call OK Computer their greatest, followed very closely by KidA. I think The Bends is very accessible, though, which is probably why most indie kids don't like it anyway. Give the others a few more listens -- they will really grow on you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home