Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, November 22, 2004

I think I study overkill for math. The tests always turn out to have simpler problems than the homework sets. I absolutely despise studying for math tests..the only benefit is escaping the coldness of this room in favor of the near tropical study porch environment.

So I finally have my transportation plans arranged. Jon stopped by this afternoon, and I could get a ride with him tomorrow right after the test, but packing would've been rushed and then I'd miss my wednesday class. But I can get a ride back here with him. So I'm staying for sure until wednesday, but luckily convinced mom to cancel one job so she can get here sooner. Should be back in HR around 5:30 or 6. What's truly horrible is tomorrow is the Thanksgiving dinner at 6 with the residents of Avery, and the test starts at 6:30, so it looks like a hurried peanut butter sandwich for me. Lovely..

Geology professor compared the feral cats in Hawaii to chipmunks...running around on tourist trails begging for food. Introduced pigs are causing coral reef suffocation, and mongooses..mongeese? originally introduced to kill rats are killing the rare, highly endangered, and endemic honeycreepers, and it's probably safe to say the cats aren't giving them a break either. What a dismal state of affairs that sounds like.

Melissa (registered with her) is changing majors already. She never really sounded that enthusiastic about this one, but it's kind of sad because she's one of the few people I know outside of Reed and we'll not have as many classes in common. Sheesh, I really need to start attempting to get to know people outside Reed, I've never really talked to anyone unnecessarily in some of my classes!

Another unhumorously time-consuming house meeting today..speakers from the women's center on sexual assault took up an hour of our time. It wasn't unbearable, just mainly repetitive information. After they left it was decided that guest speakers should only be allotted a half hour. It's really too much having hour and a half meetings when everyone just wants to eat dinner.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home