Work party and weekend job duty are over! Yayness. We were split up into groups and assigned various deep cleaning tasks. Luckily Alexis, Nicole, and I got an easy one. Kitchen supply closets and first and third floor bathrooms. We finished in two hours. We also thought that lost and found was part of our job too but it really wasn't. Good thing there was some confusion though because I found two of my beloved t shirts. At first I thought someone had just put them in there because there wasn't enough room on the drying racks but then I realized that there had been a warning to get stuff out of the laundry room before work party.
Not much happening between that and dinner. Everyone gathered in the living room in anticipation of pizza and Michelle was kinda late in getting back with it, it was getting ridiculous because people started complaining of being deliriously hungry. Very good pizza from the pizza pipeline. Even some with artichoke heart. And it was so adorable, there were little dessert glasses and bowls of various cookies and candies. Like gummies and m&ms and mothers cookies and even those really good pastel mints, only mini (like chocolate chip size). Dinner dishes again. The third girl who also missed last night again didn't show up. I think she's sick though so it is legitimate. And it didn't take us very long considering the lack of cook's dishes.
Well I'm planning on having mom pick me up on Wednesday since it appears that most people are heading back on Tuesday. Darn math test and FW 251. I too could go back on Tuesday if it weren't for those.
Looks like I'm not going to get off so easy next term in terms of textbook expense. My chem. stuff alone will cost about $130, and then I'll buy Jasmine's math book and study guide for another $100-$125. With any luck my other classes will require but a scant handful of inexpensive material. I'm so going to stay up past midnight next Monday to register. I'm not feeling particularly lucky since only two last name groups are after me.
There's a point in Sondre Lerche's "Rosebud" that seriously sounds like part of an oompa loompa's cautionary tune.
Not much happening between that and dinner. Everyone gathered in the living room in anticipation of pizza and Michelle was kinda late in getting back with it, it was getting ridiculous because people started complaining of being deliriously hungry. Very good pizza from the pizza pipeline. Even some with artichoke heart. And it was so adorable, there were little dessert glasses and bowls of various cookies and candies. Like gummies and m&ms and mothers cookies and even those really good pastel mints, only mini (like chocolate chip size). Dinner dishes again. The third girl who also missed last night again didn't show up. I think she's sick though so it is legitimate. And it didn't take us very long considering the lack of cook's dishes.
Well I'm planning on having mom pick me up on Wednesday since it appears that most people are heading back on Tuesday. Darn math test and FW 251. I too could go back on Tuesday if it weren't for those.
Looks like I'm not going to get off so easy next term in terms of textbook expense. My chem. stuff alone will cost about $130, and then I'll buy Jasmine's math book and study guide for another $100-$125. With any luck my other classes will require but a scant handful of inexpensive material. I'm so going to stay up past midnight next Monday to register. I'm not feeling particularly lucky since only two last name groups are after me.
There's a point in Sondre Lerche's "Rosebud" that seriously sounds like part of an oompa loompa's cautionary tune.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home